Kairos (καιρός) is an ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment).
Sarah is a 25 year old, Network & Security in information technology graduate. She is the founder, & curator of the Middle Eastern e-mag, Jaffat El Aqlam. Jaffat El Aqlam aims to be the coolest independent publishing house in the Middle East while simultaneously creating a digital haven for creatives in the region.
When she's not stressing out about university or meeting Jaffat El Aqlam's self-made deadlines, she experiments with glitch art, film photography or watercolors, creates image macros, plays odd video games and waters her plants. She's on the hunt for rad zines in/from MENA, and writes about them here.
This human's work has been featured in jaffatelaqlam, al tashkeel magazine (issue #24), qahwa project, nu lit house (issues now, gratitude, paradox, dreams, whole/rest & space) , riwayya, reconnecting arts (issue #1), MACRO: an anthology of image macros & OOMK zine.
This human also publishes tiny zines, here.
INTERVIEWS & FEATURES
- BADER ALNOAIMI: INTERVIEW WITH JAFFAT EL AQLAM - 2014
- DESTINATION RIYADH: THE MIDDLE EAST'S TALENT HUB - 2016
- WHERE THE SCRIPT AT?: LETS TALK ABOUT JAFFAT EL AQLAM- 2016
- BANAT COLLECTIVE: ART, PLANTS AND SENDING POSTCARDS - 2016
- DIPLOMANTIQ: SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP FOR CREATIVES - 2016
- NEWHIVE: MY 5 INTERNET OBSESSIONS - 2017
- BROWNBOOK - 2017